freetds - FreeTDS_JDBC doesn't close connections

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Eric Mountain" <e.mountain AT dev.amadeus.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: FreeTDS_JDBC doesn't close connections
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 09:51:04 +0200

Hi,

The Connection.close() method doesn't _really_ close connections to the
server, it just flags them as closed (by setting the boolean isClosed
instance variable to true).

Does anyone have a fix for this? It is a real showstopper for me as my
servlet based application floods the server with connections it is unable to
close... I've had to go back to JDBC-ODBC bridge.

I'm sure it's really easy to fix if you have the relevant knowledge. (If I
did, I'd do it! ;-) )

Any help appreciated,
:E