freetds - RE: Version 0.45

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Craig Burton <craigb AT ibis.com.au>
  • To: 'TDS Development Group' <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Version 0.45
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 16:33:48 +1000

Can build Sybase::DBlib in sybperl with /usr/local/freetds
as the Sybase lib. When I try to use the DBlib.pm,
it wanted it under the perl5 heirarchy, but in order
to run anthing trying to 'use' it, it expected
there to be a DBlib/autosplit.ix, which was not made
with DBlib. thus:

Can't locate auto/Sybase/DBlib/autosplit.ix in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.0040
4 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl . /usr/lib/perl5/site_
perl/i386-linux/auto/DBD) at /usr/lib/perl5/AutoLoader.pm line 85.

I know little about what perl modules install with
xs etc, so am not sure how to use the DBlib.pm I made.
Doesn't it need something linked into perl itself a la
the rest of sybperl?

Make in sybperl as per Ken Oster's instructions fails
because I turned CTlib off. Turning it on does not
facilitate building of the static perl, as CTlib doesn't
want to compile.

hmmm....

Other people seem to be having more success than myself
under RH5.1 and PERL5, going by the mails. Or is this
not the case? Anyway, I push on.

Best,

CB