corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] help

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Siu Fung Wu" <siufung.wu AT worldvision.com.au>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] help
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:08:35 +1000

I am not sure whether the following is exactly what you want (for (2)), but
hope it is helpful.

The book below is Daniel Jong-Sang Chae's work on the equality of Jews and
Gentiles in Romans.

Paul As Apostle to the Gentiles: His Apostolic Self-Awareness and Its
Influence on the Soteriological Argument in Romans

From memory Chae mentioned in the preface that he had a missionary
background and so his academic work was, to some degree, a theological
reflection of his cross-cultural experience. In itself the book is very
scholarly, and is recommended by a few well-known scholars.

The following webpage points to a recent paper written by Chae on
"Re-reading Romans from the perspective of Paul's apostleship to the
Gentiles".

http://www.evangelism.uk.net/papers/theology/toebible1.htm

Siu-Fung Wu
Melbourne
Australia

KK Yeo wrote:
Hi,

I am working on a project needing the following info, I wonder if anyone
can help me out? Thanks!

1. What is the official date when Paul the apostle was canonized as saint?
And can sainthood be interpreted as a kind of apotheosis in Christian
tradition?
2. Any suggestions on bibliographical resources (English or foreign
language monographs or articles) on cross-cultural reading of Romans will
be appreciated. Thus far, I only have one source: Elsa Tamez's The Amnesty
of Grace.

kk

KK Yeo, PhD 楊克勤
Harry R. Kendall Associate Prof of NT
Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary
2121 Sheridan Rd, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Tel: (1)847.674-3135 Fax: (1)847.866-3957

Email: kkyeo AT garrett.edu

The contents of this email and any attachments may be confidential. It must
not be used, distributed, copied or read by any person other than the
intended recipient(s). Unauthorised use, disclosure, copying, or reliance
on the contents and attachments of this email may be unlawful. If you have
received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by
return email and delete the original message. The sender believes that this
email and any attachments were free of any virus or other malicious code
when sent.