corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Questions for Paul

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Steve Black <sdblack AT telus.net>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Questions for Paul
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 12:07:24 -0800

On Saturday, January 3, 2004, at 11:32 AM, Jeffrey B. Gibson wrote:

As a way of beginning a new thread of discussion, as well as outlining
what the hot spots are in matters Pauline, I pose the following:

Imagine if you will (please forgive me, Rod Serling) that

(a) we had the mid 60's CE Paul before us for an hour or two and that

(b) we were able to make ourselves understood by him, and that

(c) he had agreed to answer anything about himself, his career, his
beliefs, and his writings about which we might be inclined to inquire,.

what questions would you put to him?

Let's limit this to your top five.

Yours,

Jeffrey Gibson

Paul. thanks for spending some of your precious post-mortem time with us.
My questions are...

1. Could you clarify where you place non-christian Jews in God's plans (sorry, but I think you could have been a tad bit more clear about this in your writings...)

2. What are your views regarding women in leadership in the church?

3. What did you know about the historical Jesus and why, exactly, does he appear to be so unimportant in your writings?

4. (related to #1) Could you clarify your position regarding the law, Jews, and Gentiles - I know you spent quite a bit of time trying to clarify your thoughts on this matter - but unfortunately you (I think) failed a little bit in the clarity department...

5. The most important question is, of course, ... boxers or briefs?

Steve Black
Vancouver School of Theology
Vancouver, BC
Canada