corpus-paul - Re: Favorite Book

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "George Massey" <gcm608 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Favorite Book
  • Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 0:16:36 -0500

I'll not repeat the excellent books on Paul that have been listed so far.

Here are three more to add to your wish list:

Howard, George. _Paul:Crisis in Galatia_. Cambridge: Cambridge University
Press, 1979.
Every NP book I have read refers to this book in the footnotes. When
scholars keep referring to a book again and again, that is the book to
buy!

Hays, Richard B. _Echoes of Scripture in the Letters Paul_. New Haven: Yale
University Press, 1989. Reverberations from the Jewish Scriptures that
go
beyond direct quotations, "Echoes" will help us read in a new way.

Dunn, J.D.G. _The Parting of the Ways_. Philadelphia: Trinity Press
International, 1991.
This is a discussion of the reason for the drifting apart of the Jews
and
Christians.

Thanks to Noel Fitzpatrick for asking for 'favorite books,' and thanks to
those who have already suggested books.

George Massey
gcm608 AT earthlink.net
Keller, Texas (Next door to Fort Worth)