corpus-paul - Re: Corinthian Correspondence

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Loren Rosson <rossoiii AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Corinthian Correspondence
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 03:10:44 -0700 (PDT)

Eric wrote:

>Each individual participant in this forum can judge
>for himself whether or not Loren had implied that the
>issue of whether Jesus actually existed isn't
>appropriate to discuss on Corpus-Paul. If Loren
>implied that, then my inference that he did was
>reasonable, and his objection to my inference that
>he implied this was unreasonable. If he did not,
>then my inference was not reasonable, and Loren's
>objection was reasonable.

You do go on. To me, the thread was getting a bit
off-topic; i.e. certain theories about the historical
Jesus not being tied back to Pauline matters. But the
my satisfaction, and I considered the matter settled.

>I would like to know what others in this forum think
>about this. First of all, is it relevant to discuss
on
>Corpus-Paul issues regarding Jesus's historicity? And
>secondly, was Loren saying no to this question: that
>such issues shouldn't have been discussed in this
>forum?

And still you go on. Just keep in mind list protocol
#1, and all will be well: "Keep to the List's focus:
the life, influence, teaching, theology, and writings
of (or attributed to) the Apostle Paul. Occasional
excursions into related areas are acceptable to the
extent that they shed light on matters Pauline."

Loren Rosson III
Nashua NH
rossoiii AT yahoo.com