corpus-paul - Re: Corinthian Correspondence

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "David C. Hindley" <dhindley AT compuserve.com>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Corinthian Correspondence
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:57:38 -0400

Zeba Crook said:

>>The fact that we can't explain such a profoundly complex phenomenon as the
origins of Christian belief does lead logically to the conclusion that Jesus
must have existed.<<

I just re-read your post and think I misunderstood you (hence my bracketed
word with question mark in the last post).

Are you saying that the impossibility of explaining the complex phenomenon
that underlay the development of early Christianity *logically leads* to the
conclusion that Jesus *must* have existed as a historical person?

Could you be a little more specific, perhaps providing a syllogism? I cannot
follow this logic.

Respectfully,

Dave Hindley
Cleveland, Ohio, USA