corpus-paul - Re: Prison in Ephesus?

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Vince Endris" <vince_endris AT hotmail.com>
  • To: corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Prison in Ephesus?
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 01:28:15 -0400

Corpus-Paul list:

I am reading through a few new testament introductions trying to learn Pauline chronology. Most of these place Paul in prison at Ephesus (something I have also heard many times in classes) though, they admit we are never told this. Since a lot of weight is put on this imprisonment I am wondering why some think this. As far as I can tell the only evidence is Paul saying that he has been in prison many times (2 Cor. 6:4-5, 11:21-23) and that he endured much hardship in Ephesus (1 Cor. 15:32, 2 Cor. 1:8). Is this all there is?