corpus-paul - Re: Colossians Pauline?

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Daniel Streett <danstreett AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Colossians Pauline?
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 12:45:14 -0700 (PDT)

Loren,

This is an excellent observation. I might also
allude to E. E. Ellis' work on the use of
preformed tradition in both Colossians and
especially Ephesians.

I wonder if anyone on C-P has read S. Porter
and K. Clarke, "Canonical-Critical Perspective
and the Relationship of Colossians and
Ephesians," Biblica 78 (1997):57-86. I think
it provides an incisive analysis of the
authorship issue on lexical and syntactical
grounds - and certainly Porter is no slouch
when it comes to linguistics.

Daniel Streett