corpus-paul - Re: Paul's Interpreters

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "W.S. Campbell" <WS.Campbell AT lamp.ac.uk>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Paul's Interpreters
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 16:36:23 +0000

Jim beat me to it, but I very much support his suggestion (otherwise you
are weak on the modern period- E.P.Sanders is a 'boundary-marker' for the
era, but much of the essential content which we now take 'as read' comes
from elsewhere.Krister Stendahl is, of course another possibility.
You may need 10 lectures!

At 08:16 30/10/00 -0800, you wrote:
>What about J. C. Beker or W. D. Davies?
>Jim Hester "Never be afraid to try something new.
>736 Buckingham Drive Remember, amateurs built the ark.
>Redlands, CA 92374 Professionals built the Titanic."
>(909) 792-0533
>hester AT uor.edu http://rhetjournal.uor.edu
> http://www.ars-rhetorica.net
>

>----------
>>From: pmh15 AT cam.ac.uk (Peter M. Head)
>>To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
>>Subject: [corpus-paul] Paul's Interpreters
>>Date: Mon, Oct 30, 2000, 7:42 AM
>>

>> I am planning a series of eight lectures on the history of the study of
>> Paul. I think I should probably select eight key figures (one for each
>> lecture) and would then plan to fit in one or two others around each main
>> figure. As far as I can tell there are probably five non-negotiables:
>> Luther, Baur, Schweitzer, Bultmann, Sanders.
>>
>> For the other three I am tempted to use Marcion, Augustine and Kasemann.
>>
>> I am wondering whether anyone might have some suggestions/alternatives.
>>
>> Peter
>>

>> Dr. Peter M. Head
>> Tyndale House
>> 36 Selwyn Gardens
>> Cambridge CB3 9BA
>> Tel: 01223 566607
>> Fax: 01223 566608
>> email: pmh15 AT cam.ac.uk
>>

>> ---
>> You are currently subscribed to corpus-paul as: hester AT uor.edu
>$subst('Email.Unsub')
>>

>---
>You are currently subscribed to corpus-paul as: WS.Campbell AT lamp.ac.uk
$subst('Email.Unsub')

Dr. William S. Campbell
Department of Theology and Religious Studies
University of Wales, Lampeter
Lampeter
Dyfed
SA48 7ED