corpus-paul - RE: Galatians 2:16; 19-20

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Liz Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Galatians 2:16; 19-20
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 14:52:17 -0400

I am familiar with 4QMMT. Could you please elaborate how the expression used
there relates to Paul's use of it? The expression there is ma`aseh miqseh
ha torah, I believe. What does this mean exactly? The works of the end (?)
of the law???? This isn't the exactly the same as that used by Paul, is it?

Thanks,

Liz

Btw, the issue of table fellowship with uncircumcised Christians is not the
issue of fellowship, with which there is no problem, but the issue of eating
non-kosher food.

Lisbeth S. Fried
Department of Hebrew and Judaic Studies
New York University