corpus-paul - Re: Paul and the Gospels

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: yonder moynihan gillihan <ymgillih AT midway.uchicago.edu>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Paul and the Gospels
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 01:55:34 -0600 (CST)

letters as heavily redacted anymore, my most recent experience with Prof.
H. D. Betz would indicate "yes", especially as we studied (obviously) 2
Cor., but also with the other epistles. It is true, however, that
rhetorical criticism and reader-response theory and other more "lit-crit"
approaches tend to be applied (so some say) to the neglect of more
rigorous philological methods of criticism. As a brand-new graduate
student I look forward to seeing how approaches, including my own, develop
over the next few years.
Y Gillihan