compostteas - Re: [Compostteas] Feeding tea

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "Lloyd Charles" <lcharles AT webfront.net.au>
  • To: "compostteas" <Compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "Scott Alexander" <daylily AT bigpond.com>
  • Subject: Re: [Compostteas] Feeding tea
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 12:43:22 +1000

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 9:37 AM
Subject: [Compostteas] Feeding tea

Hello all
Just a progress report in case anybody's interested

1200 litres of clean rainwater + 40 litres of good screened (1/4 ") fungal compost which included a couple of shovelsful each of good active garden topsoil and eucalyptus leaf mulch with obvious fungal activity.
Fed with: 3 litres of black molasses, 1.5 litres fish emulsion, 1.5 litres kelp, about 600 grams of "Gumat" humate, one small handful citric acid.
Starting temperature 30 degreeC  Starting pH 6.8
Temperature has been maintained between 26 - 29 degreesC
Equipment 1800 litre rectangular milk tank with stirrer paddle operating
Submersible sump pump with one and a quarter inch outlet squirting through a one inch nozzle back into the tank for aeration. No basket - all of the compost is circulating in the mix. Dont know what I have got here but it looks good, smells healthy, and I will do some refractometer tests today. (not done yet)
This brew was still going nice at 48 hours and I should have given it more food then - it peaked out somewhere around 55 hours and this morning (60 hour mark) I added 2 litres molasses, 1 litre fish, a half litre kelp, and a small bean can of humate. Will post any further results.
Cheers
Lloyd Charles