compostteas - [Compostteas] Feeding tea

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "Lloyd Charles" <lcharles AT webfront.net.au>
  • To: "compostteas" <Compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Compostteas] Feeding tea
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 09:37:29 +1000

Hello to all
               I need some nutritional advice from anyone willing to help. Started a brew sunday night thinking with the cold weather and all plus my past history of slow brewing results that it would take several days to a week to get going properly. 36 hours on and I have a nice brew - good head of foam - smells OK - pH holding nice - by 48 hours I think it will be finished - trouble is I am not ready to spray for at least another two days - how do I feed this to keep it going for another couple of days?? Any help would certainly be appreciated!
Thanks all
Lloyd Charles
ps
For the technically minded here are the details
1200 litres of clean rainwater + 40 litres of good screened (1/4 ") fungal compost which included a couple of shovelsful each of good active garden topsoil and eucalyptus leaf mulch with obvious fungal activity.
Fed with: 3 litres of black molasses, 1.5 litres fish emulsion, 1.5 litres kelp, about 600 grams of "Gumat" humate, one small handful citric acid.
Starting temperature 30 degreeC  Starting pH 6.8
Temperature has been maintained between 26 - 29 degreesC
Equipment 1800 litre rectangular milk tank with stirrer paddle operating
Submersible sump pump with one and a quarter inch outlet squirting through a one inch nozzle back into the tank for aeration. No basket - all of the compost is circulating in the mix. Dont know what I have got here but it looks good, smells healthy, and I will do some refractometer tests today.