ch-scene - Re: TRKfest Local Music Festival Today

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: TRKfest Local Music Festival Today
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 16:48:37 -0700 (PDT)

>am i the only one who saw this?

Okay, so at least I now know I'm not crazy (again.) I had it in my
head that Bowerbirds were somewhere in the middle and when I re-looked
at Will's post (assuming it was identical) at about 3pm to plan my
way, they were listed toward the top. So, I interpreted that as either
I had missed them...or I wouldn't last long enough to see them (and
thinking I had been mistaken about their mid-show performance.)
Althought I was interested enough to go to some bands websites, I
didnt' think to look backward on amch.

>so I'd rather people not know what times bands are going on so they can't
>complain about how their favorite band didn't go on at exactly 5:55.

Agreed, but if we don't show up,then everyone loses (the band, the
event, the potential patrons.) For any given event, I'm sure there are
less people like myself, but in aggregate, I think if all music events
ran timely, more people would come out to see live music. Likewise,
for any one individual, the show running on time might be less
important, but as in my case on Saturday, when you're also trying to
convince someone else to come, these x factors start coming into play.

The funny thing is, these 'symptoms' are so easy to cure. Heck, 506
used to be the worst offender of all. And if by running things timely
you can get 10% more people to come out, then across town on any
weekend night, that could possibly mean another 100 people checking
out live music.

glenn