ch-scene - Re: X last night...maybe my favorite Cradle show ever

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: DJ Golf <djgolf AT mindspring.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: X last night...maybe my favorite Cradle show ever
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 13:29:51 -0700 (PDT)

Look up Big Black on eMusic.

Oh, and the other thing I was gonna say 'bout X...listening to "Los
Angeles" in the car yesterday I was reminded of how great it was to
hear "Nausea" and "The Unheard Music" and "The World's A Mess, It's In
My Kiss" without the cheesy Ray Manzarek keyboards, which always
sounded totally out of place to me. (Just like a rock star, putting
his organ where it don't belong.)

On May 30, 1:09=A0pm, bendonne... AT gmail.com (Ben Donnelly) wrote:
> > BTW...I downloaded a High On Fire album off eMusic the other day,
> > based on the user recommendations - one of which IIRC was from
> > Durham's own Bendy.
>
> Some time in the last year, I've gone from thinking High on Fire is a
> really good metal band to feeling they're one of the best bands of any
> kind, ever.
>
> >(eMusic poined me to HIgh On Fire based on my
> > interest in the freak-folk group Fire On Fire. =A0I guess they assumed I=

> > liked groups with the word Fire in the name.)
>
> I like how the Swans eMusic page includes a single for a Mowtown-era
> RnB band called The Swans. Also, DJ Golf, if you enjoy Savage
> Republic, you might want to pick up some Savage Garden.
> -- ch-scene: the list that mirrors alt.music.chapel-hill --http://lists.ib=
iblio.org/mailman/listinfo/ch-scene