ch-scene - Re: X last night...maybe my favorite Cradle show ever

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Ben Donnelly" <bendonnelly AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: X last night...maybe my favorite Cradle show ever
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 10:05:32 -0400

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 9:03 AM, DJ Golf <djgolf AT mindspring.com> wrote:
> The teenagers you describe were no doubt trying to deal with
> their intense embarrassment at (a) being at a punk rock show with
> their dad who (b) was totally rocking out. (I'm grinning like Billy
> Zoom while writing this.)

I didn't like X when they got their first round of hype in the early
80s. (well, I liked the Wild Thing single, that sounded pretty crazy
to me...). They seemed too adult to me, too *married*. Which is funny
'cause the Angry Samoans were a good example of what I thought X
lacked, yet Metal Mike was older than all of them except Zoom. X
didn't make sense to me until I'd been out of the house for a few
years.

- Bendy