ch-scene - Re: X last night...maybe my favorite Cradle show ever

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Ben Donnelly" <bendonnelly AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: X last night...maybe my favorite Cradle show ever
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 13:09:54 -0400

> BTW...I downloaded a High On Fire album off eMusic the other day,
> based on the user recommendations - one of which IIRC was from
> Durham's own Bendy.

Some time in the last year, I've gone from thinking High on Fire is a
really good metal band to feeling they're one of the best bands of any
kind, ever.

>(eMusic poined me to HIgh On Fire based on my
> interest in the freak-folk group Fire On Fire. I guess they assumed I
> liked groups with the word Fire in the name.)

I like how the Swans eMusic page includes a single for a Mowtown-era
RnB band called The Swans. Also, DJ Golf, if you enjoy Savage
Republic, you might want to pick up some Savage Garden.