ch-scene - X last night...maybe my favorite Cradle show ever

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: DJ Golf <djgolf AT mindspring.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: X last night...maybe my favorite Cradle show ever
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 11:54:46 -0700 (PDT)

Of course, we're talking about one of my all-time favorite bands (who
I'd never seen before) playing with all the original members, hitting
the high points of their best albums and I knew the words to every
song. Super energy, crowd totally into it, band feeding off the crowd,
incredible musicianship, all the things that make a rock show great.
Good opening band too (Detroit Cobras, who are a lot of fun.) And we
were home by midnight. I guess it's a sign that we're all getting
older when the show starts at 8 pm so that the punk rock band and
their fans can all get to bed early.