ch-scene - RE: Chicago

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Chris Clark" <chris AT ti-law.com>
  • To: "'RTP-area local music and culture'" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: Chicago
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 13:40:28 -0400

http://www.mollyscupcakes.com/

You're welcome.

-----Original Message-----
From: ch-scene-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:ch-scene-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of thegav AT hotmail.com
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 12:55 PM
To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: Chicago

Hello, all. I am headed to Chicago for a weekend in August. Staying 2
nights, catching a Cubs game, maybe doing some kinda architecture
tour. Other than that, I am largely ignorant. Does anyone with vast
Chicago experience have any advice for a curious traveler on the best
neighborhoods to walk, meals to eat, etc? Anything would be much
appreciated.

So that this is not off-topic, I remember once when Red Star Belgrade
moved there. To Chicago. And I once saw a band from Chicago play in
Chapel Hill. The Coctails. And I saw that weird Wilco show at the Dook
quad. And one time in New York I sang a not-very-touching duet with a
large schizophrenic man/songwriter from Chicago who is, I think, now
deceased.

Cheers,
GAVIN