ch-scene - Re: Ross Grady name-checked from the stage by Polvo

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Ross Grady name-checked from the stage by Polvo
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 11:08:57 -0700 (PDT)

All my Polvo CDs are still in boxes from a recent move. Where is
'Dazed and Confused' from? And I thought they did 'Downtown
Dedication', but I might be mixing that up with another song - I'm
less familiar with Shapes...

Talking to Ash afterward, I mentioned the 7"-only song 'All The
Cliches Under Broadway' and he said they incorporated about 15 seconds
of that in 'Every Holy Shroud' (if I'm remembering correctly.) I love
that song, but didn't catch that.

> I thought Brian Quast's drumming was pretty key too.

Although I generally agree BQ is a great addition to the band, I was
sometime bothered by the 'over-playing.' Mostly it was dead-on, but
sometimes it was a little too much.

glenn