ch-scene - Re: Ross Grady name-checked from the stage by Polvo

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "george j.a. murray" <catfish AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Ross Grady name-checked from the stage by Polvo
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 13:11:54 -0400

Jay, they're coming to NYC! I think they're sold out, but it should be an easy matter to scalp. I had a tkt in CH, but was also able to get a couple of tkts face value for friends, even tho' people were selling online for $100.

cheers, jay murray

Quoting jay.p.huber AT gmail.com:

That is the absolute truth. Ash and Dave's guitar work got all the
press, but Popson's huge bottom end was the necessary anchor. It's
the same thing in Black Taj. They always make his sound enormous in
the live mix.

Wish I could have seen the show, much as I hate rock reunions.

cheers
Jay