ch-scene - Re: your ugly momma name-checked from the stage by des_ark

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: your ugly momma name-checked from the stage by des_ark
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 12:52:32 -0400

You'll always be able to see them in one form or another, just not this particular form. Ashley (the drummer) lives in DC, always has, and I think she also has some other travel/relocation plans, so it just got to be too much to deal with.

Aimee is already playing with some other folks who live closer to home, plus she's always going to play a fair number of solo-acoustic shows in between the loud-rock shows. Her two songwriting styles are so different than songs don't really move back and forth between the two, so it's like getting two bands in one, really.

She & I had dinner a couple of months ago & we were talking about possible new drummers, but she kept rejecting my suggestions as not hitting hard enough. Last I heard, though, she'd found someone who *does* hit hard enough. So beware, I guess.

Ross

local506 AT gmail.com wrote:
Why have I not seen them before?

The question should be, will you be able to see them again. There was
a comment from the stage that this was this duo's last performance
together. Anybody know the deal?

I will say it was nice to both see & hear Des Ark...glad they chose to
play on the stage!...glenn