ch-scene - Re: Well, at least Lou Reed agrees with me.

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: kevin maxwell farmer <fakirmevern-amch AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Well, at least Lou Reed agrees with me.
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 01:53:28 -0400

Huey Long was assassinated.

And Spitzer got tossed in part because the only goodwill he had to rely upon was that of Alan Dershowitz--he'd already alienated almost everybody else, good tipper or not. David Paterson is going to be a great governor, so it all works out.

But to bring it all back to music and fidelity--the BBC is running some world music show right now. I have no idea what it is, but have to say it sounds very nice playing on a scratchy radio about 2 rooms away, with all the windows open on a rainy night.

Fidelity!

Chris Calloway wrote:
huh? you have me fooled then.

my findings: being an asshat can work or fail in
politics. being a nice guy can work or fail in
politics. skill is one deciding factor in either. luck
doesn't hurt, either, and with enough of it can trump
skill.

take elliot spitzer. then compare to huey long who
once said to a reporter, "the only way i won't be
re-elected is if i'm found in bed with either a live
boy or a dead girl."

you got madd skillz, you lucky nice guy!

3

--- kevin maxwell farmer <fakirmevern-amch AT yahoo.com>
wrote:
It pretty much doesn't work in politics, either.

Kevin Slater wrote:
you really are an asshat. Maybe you should go
into politics.