ch-scene - Re: End of Another Era - Schoolkids Records to close

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Dave Tilley <dave AT hoedown.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: End of Another Era - Schoolkids Records to close
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 09:47:22 -0500

Online music stores like iTunes are missing an incredible opportunity... While
hunting for "tracks" to download, you can bother a real, live, ungroomed
record-store employee via video-chat. That way you can get great advice about
the kewl new band you didn't know about, or the clerk can laugh at your taste
in music when they inspect your shopping cart or look at your purchase
history... Of course, this will soon be passe and online record store clerks
will be laid off in favor of "virtual record store clerks" made possible by AI
software...

-dave