ch-scene - Re: End of Another Era - Schoolkids Records to close

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: jhsteele31 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: End of Another Era - Schoolkids Records to close
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 02:11:39 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 27, 10:38=A0am, nos... AT spacelabstudio.com (Chris Rossi) wrote:
> MattHedt wrote:
> > =A0But LONG LIVE CD ALLEY!!
>
> My local CD shopping has been done there pretty much exclusively since
> they went in. =A0Bull City Records also gets some of my business, but I'm
> just not up that way as often. =A0Both stores are exemplary of how far
> just being friendly to your customers can go.
>
> It's for similar reasons that I'll shop at the Carrboro Music Loft but
> not at the Durham one.
>
> chris
>
> -- ch-scene: the list that mirrors alt.music.chapel-hill --http://lists.ib=
iblio.org/mailman/listinfo/ch-scene

i used to buy all of my cds at schoolkids, but one day i decided to
check out cd alley. i've been hooked since. that's because cd alley
pays attention to the aspect that drives every small business;
customer service. i wish that schoolkids wasn't closing, but maybe if
theyseemed slightly interested when patrons entered the store, things
would be different. maybe i'm wrong, but in these dark times for music
retail, i feel like schoolkids forgot that every detail counts.