ch-scene - Re: End of Another Era - Schoolkids Records to close

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Rossi <nospam AT spacelabstudio.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: End of Another Era - Schoolkids Records to close
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:58:32 -0500

James Hepler wrote:
BTW

http://www.myspace.com/jamesdunnmusic

The writer didn't even bother to mention that. Weird.

It's funny. The music is actually very well executed and very well recorded. If I was a fan of that kind of music I'd probably really dig this. A review like Ms. Marino's likely does more harm than good--Mr. Dunn is now inextricably linked in people's minds to someone taking a giant dump on a pretty vibrant and rich music community.

Of course, it's likely we're also making a mountain out of mole hill. Does anybody really care what the Cary News thinks about anything?

xox
chris