ch-scene - Re: End of Another Era - Schoolkids Records to close

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "James Hepler" <hepstyle AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: End of Another Era - Schoolkids Records to close
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:57:28 -0500

I should point out that I have corresponded with the writer, and she was
speaking of Cary's music scene, and extending it somewhat to Raleigh even
though the article mentions the cats cradle and local 506. I feel weird
about publishing her private comments, but she wasn't trying to shit on the
triangle as a whole. She helps write for a blog, so go there and decide for
yourselves where she stands.

http://trianglemusic.blogspot.com

I agree that the dude's music is well produced and features some talented
musicians but also comes off as maybe less interesting or fun than, say, Tom
Petty or Bruce Springsteen. But you know, it is what it is...