ch-scene - Re: Local music... who decides?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: andy fekete <andy.fekete AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Local music... who decides?
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 21:37:03 -0800 (PST)

"Wow. You actually admit to being biased against local music acts
with managers. It isn't fair that you feel this way and is a
disservice to bands who have their collective shit together. "

The implication is that "acts with managers" and "bands who have their
collective shit together" are somehow connected.

I am not so certain. One could argue that if a band gets a manager
before they are at least well-known enough for the booking agent of a
small local club to be aware of them, then there is a high likelihood
that the band does not, in fact, have their collective shit together;
in fact, one could argue it is an indication that the band is full of
shit.

Grady's method of discarding email submissions from band "managers"
would seem to favor new acts starting out, and has the potential to
uncover a diamond in the rough. I like that.

-A