ch-scene - Re: The Cycle of Life

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: The Cycle of Life
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 19:31:47 -0500

James Hepler wrote:

We're even
thinking of a three way split 10" with nickelback and
Blink 182!

Kewl! And you know, you've stumbled upon Just The Ticket to getting written up in John Darnielle's blog, which is the EZ Way to fame & fortune (at least if you're the Bowerbirds). Sez he:

"Like everybody else in the world right now, I'm on a huge vinyl binge (bands & promotional outlets: please stop sending cds and sent lps instead, yes I mean it, k thx bye). So t'other day I stop by Bull City Records and I start snappin up anything that looks interesting. Used Joe Walsh album? Yes thank you. Random 7"s with pretty labels? Gimme gimme!"

http://www.lastplanetojakarta.com/2008/01/butter_cow_of_doom.html