ch-scene - Re: The Cycle of Life

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <jameshepler AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: The Cycle of Life
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 13:05:59 -0800 (PST)

It's easy to say after the fact that it isn't/wasn't
personal, but damn, " Greg Cox: 'I'm the only reason
to read this section anyway'" is hard to interpret any
other way. Decide for yourself if the Harry Potter
figure in that image is supposed to be Menconi.

I sent a very well written plea to The McClatchy
Company asking them to please urge their editors to
focus on local music at the N&O. Maybe hire a few
more people for coverage. I'm optimistic.

And Grady, if you liked that last record, you're going
to love the next one! Due out this fall. We're even
thinking of a three way split 10" with nickelback and
Blink 182!

--- grady <grady AT ibiblio.org> wrote:

> Yes, and David Menconi looked personally hurt when I
> was making
> merciless fun of the IWTDI CD at the Trekky Xmas
> Show. The guy really
> does pay attention to, and enjoy, local music. I
> hope the Indy's snark
> was directed at the N&O as a paper & not at Dave
> personally.
>
> James Hepler wrote:
>
> > The N&O did a profile of IWTDI right before our CD
> > release show in October. Don't know if that
> counts.
> -- ch-scene: the list that mirrors
> alt.music.chapel-hill --

Be a better friend, newshound, and