ch-scene - Re: Another Club to Close

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Another Club to Close
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 15:50:21 -0500

Do you say this in reference to restaurants that are primarily restaurants, and thus the owners don't really give a crap about music, and thus they make unreasonable demands of the bands and are generally jerks?

Or are you suggesting there's something inherently wrong with food and rock music sharing a space? Because I would want to disagree with the latter, but I suspect you're thinking more along the lines of the former.

david gourley wrote:

I think most restaurants that suddenly become night clubs at a later hour before they turn into pumpkins again only hurt whatever scene there is to be had, and seldom really help things. Then again, bands that want to support this kind of thing are also complicit in that case (IMNSHFO). I see a lot of that being driven by ABC laws, but maybe that's just me.