ch-scene - Re: Student-Local Music Void: What to do?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Student-Local Music Void: What to do?
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 10:14:49 -0700

Lindsay, I haven't had a chance to respond to your email but I'll give
you a quickie reply here. One thing I would suggest is start small
and work your way up. I think all of your ideas sound great, but might
be difficult to pull off initially (or you might spend a lot of your
time on details such as making a great live recording that ultimately
may not be as important as having great bands play.)

And, personally, I think the key with introducing people to local
bands is that they must see something great - so band selection is
very important. If they see something that is mediocre, then it just
confirms their thoughts that local music isn't as good as national
acts, etc.

Of course, i don't think that will be too difficult because this town
is filled with great bands, albeit not every great band is a great
live act.

glenn