ch-scene - Re: Biscuit King in Durham (was Re: Kings)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Kevin Darbro <kdarbro AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Biscuit King in Durham (was Re: Kings)
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 20:30:05 -0400

I have to chime in and share my Biscuit King memories of tasty goodness.

Many years ago, I worked directly across the street at a company called
"DataFlow", and would often begin my mornings by walking across the street,
and consuming the glorious fatness of a chicken biscuit. I loved 'em!

There's nothing left of the old DataFlow building as the new batch of shops
went up over there, but that's a good thing. The building would have
probably been condemned!

In fact, I think the guy who owned that company owned the Biscuit King
building, but I may be mistaken.

Ahh, memories. It was fun to work on 9th street and browse books at
Ravenna's or the Regulator or CDs at the record shop on a daily basis. I
never did get a job on Franklin St., but I imagine is was probably a similar
vibe back in 1994 or so.

- Kevin