ch-scene - Re: Biscuit King in Durham (was Re: Kings)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Duncan Murrell <dvmurrell AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Biscuit King in Durham (was Re: Kings)
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 10:36:18 -0400

Hey man, the next time you need a can opener, just call. That's how I get my food open.

Quick recipe for the office (with microwave):

One can turnip greens (or collards, whatever)
One can black soy beans (or black-eyed peas, or crowders)
Tony Chachere's brand creole seasonings
Olive oil

Combine ingredients, microwave at medium-high for 4 minutes. Stir. Microwave again until sufficiently hot. (1-3 minutes, in my experience.) Drizzle a little olive oil, season with some Chachere's, and eat. Good and good for you.

During the ice storm a few years ago, King's was the
only place to get food open in town.

3