ch-scene - Biscuit King in Durham (was Re: Kings)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: John Shadle <shadle AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Biscuit King in Durham (was Re: Kings)
  • Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 12:35:19 -0400

i was driving down 9th Street the other day and noticed that the empty Biscuit King building, vacated (i think) about 9 years ago, is still there.

i'm sure that raleigh won't move quite as slowly as this, but "phase 2" (or whatever it is) of the 9th Street development never has happened and we ended up losing a great breakfast place. what is up with that?

-john

p.s. i think that Biscuit King was serving food up the street at the sportsbar during the mornings for a while, but i'm not sure if that is still happening or not.

a rooster for the masses <adam AT aroosterforthemasses.com> said...

Yeah the building hasn't been torn down yet...what gives???

"Matt T." <matt.thayer AT gmail.com> wrote: So I'm passing Kings the other day
and the building next/attached to
it, used to be a restaurant/cafe.... has a rent sign up and some guy
in a suit was looking around....
will be interesting to see what happens, to those buildings....

maybe a new starbucks? shine raleigh shine!