Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: moviej2k AT aol.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject:
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:30:07 -0500

As a Greenville, NC resident I subsribe to this list because, to me, the
Triangle has been the mecca of live music. I haven't been everywhere
throughout this country (besides some of the east coast and having grown up
in NJ) but the single greatest live music experiences I've had occured in
the areas that this mailing list focuses on. Living in a town like
Greenville, which in it's past has had a live music history, but now has
almost entirely given up on that medium to make way for booty dancing bars
and the like, I've found it to be a struggle to find even one-hundreth of the
passion that flows through this list in order to do something about the state
of things here. I've come from doing non-legit house shows to desperately
trying to foster a semi-legit, completely donation-based performance space
(The Spazzatorium Galleria!). I'm starting at the proto-level and any advice
from those experienced would be appreciated : moviej2k AT aol.com My question is
what is the perception of Greenville? I'm trying to make a dent here but it's
whipping me something fierce.

P.S. Does anyone have any knowledge in regards to state BYOB laws are? The
city planning board told us one thing, the police warned us otherwise. I have
no lawyer friends to ask for advice. Anyone?

Thanks
Jeff

Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security
tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web,
free AOL Mail and more.

  • [no subject], moviej2k, 02/15/2007