ch-scene - Re: (none)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: mike AT mysterycircuits.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: (none)
  • Date: 15 Feb 2007 13:28:30 -0800

I used to live in Greenville 10 years ago. My band at the time (Javier
and the Cabana Boys) used to play at Backdoor Skatepark a lot. There
were a lot of house party shows too, but the cops would always bust
them after a few songs. We played at Peasants a few times, and the
Attic once.
Did they ever pave over downtown? Last time I was there (7 years ago
exactly) there was talk of ECU buying downtown to build parking and
get rid of the EZU reputation. I think that same time they said cops
could open any car door that appeared to be unlocked. Ah good ole
Greenville.
-Mike Walters
www.mysterycircuits.com

On Feb 15, 3:30 pm, movie... AT aol.com wrote:
> As a Greenville, NC resident I subsribe to this list because, to me, the
> Triangle has been the mecca of live music. I haven't been everywhere
> throughout this country (besides some of the east coast and having grown up
> in NJ) but the single greatest live music experiences I've had occured in
> the areas that this mailing list focuses on. Living in a town like
> Greenville, which in it's past has had a live music history, but now has
> almost entirely given up on that medium to make way for booty dancing bars
> and the like, I've found it to be a struggle to find even one-hundreth of
> the passion that flows through this list in order to do something about the
> state of things here. I've come from doing non-legit house shows to
> desperately trying to foster a semi-legit, completely donation-based
> performance space (The Spazzatorium Galleria!). I'm starting at the
> proto-level and any advice from those experienced would be appreciated :
> movie... AT aol.com My question is what is the percep!
tio