ch-scene - Re: custom musician earplugs

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: custom musician earplugs
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:02:02 -0500

They're the same thing. They're just sold under the Hearos brand in retail channels.

Koegler, Robert wrote:
Okay, so I went to Guitar Center and they do not sell the Etymotic
ER-20's but had a brand by Hearos that look the same. They were $15 so I
got a pair. Anyway, I'm in good company w/ these (see below, from
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?doc_id=92595&g=live).

"There is nothing more precious to a musician than his hearing. Even the
most outrageous, loudest-playing guitar players I know always protect
their ears. Besides being a loud guitar player, I am also a connoisseur
of fine earplugs and the only ones that work for me are the HEAROS
<http://www.musiciansfriend.com/live/navigation/hearos?N=100001+201258>
. Even if you don't like my music, take this precious advice and protect
your ears when you're wailing away."
- Steve Vai

At least he's realistic about the appeal of his "music".