ch-scene - Re: Masada/Cat Power show reports?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Masada/Cat Power show reports?
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:58:57 -0500

Rawls pointed out to me that it was "Tracks of My Tears," not "Tears of a Clown." I can't stay up late anymore; anything that happens after around 11:30 p.m. isn't going to fully/correctly register in my brain.

I also neglected to mention the kinda nutty ultrablonde SuperFan down front; I thought she was going to die & go to heaven when Chan handed her her half-smoked cigarette. Or maybe she just really needed the nic fix.

grady wrote:

Other covers included "Rambling Man," Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" (with the full band, which, regardless of how you feel about the song, was genius), her version of "Satisfaction" reworked, with the full band vamping on the riff behind her, but still the withholding/omission of the chorus, which still worked, maybe even better than the solo version, umm, what else? Well, at the close of the main set, just before the encore, there were seemingly impromptu covers of "I Can't Give You Anything But Love, Baby" and "Tears of a Clown" as the members of the band were milling around centerstage.