ch-scene - Re: OT: "NCWRC News Releases:" Snakes On A Plane

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: OT: "NCWRC News Releases:" Snakes On A Plane
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:55:46 -0400

So, it's also illegal in NC to relocate a mammal (living or dead, as far as I know) from your property to anyplace else without a permit. Does anybody know if that's also true for other branches of the animal kingdom?

James Hepler wrote:
We bought a snake grabber that works really well. All
snakes are released a safe distance away from our
building and the golf course that borders us. It's
illegal to kill a critter on UNC property as far as I
know. At least it's frowned upon.

--- John Iwaniszek <not AT hotmail.com> wrote:

James Hepler wrote:

The copperheads that make it into my building are
pretty scrappy. I'm the official snake handler
for my
building.

By the way: Congratulations on the distinction. I
hope that you catch and release the ones that you can, dispatch humanely the
ones that you can't and keep your self safe in either case.
-- ch-scene: the list that mirrors
alt.music.chapel-hill --