ch-scene - Re: OT: "NCWRC News Releases:" Snakes On A Plane

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: John Iwaniszek <not AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: OT: "NCWRC News Releases:" Snakes On A Plane
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:25:16 GMT

James Hepler wrote:

> The copperheads that make it into my building are
> pretty scrappy. I'm the official snake handler for my
> building.

It's usually been pretty hot when I've encountered mine. Maybe the heat
slows them down while the relative cool of a building is more optimal for
aggressiveness.

However, the last one I caught got very active after I made several
attempts to drape it over my rake. Once it got its motor running, it came
straight at me and stuck at the rake. But, like I said, it was very calm
before I tried to catch it and calmed down very quickly after I bagged it.