ch-scene - Re: ASCAP and MYSPACE

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <jameshepler AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: ASCAP and MYSPACE
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 07:13:52 -0800 (PST)

ASCAP likes to cosponsor events with myspace for
unsigned bands. Apparently they've sold out the
Troubadour in LA on a couple of occasions.

It seems smart. They know Bruce Springsteen is gonna
sell records, so they also pay attention to small
bands who have a lot of room for improvement.

This ASCAP guy I've been talking to is trying to send
a rep to our shows this weekend in Long Island.

I mean, that's some effort when you think about how
insignificant my catalog is.