ch-scene - Re: chappy advice?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: John I <not AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: chappy advice?
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 15:15:00 GMT

Doug Sutton wrote:

> [...]

I have the opposite impression: I can set my cruise control to 75 and not
bother changing speed every morning in my commute from Raleigh to CH, but it
seems like all the eastbound traffic gets boggled by the rising sun and slows
and congeals in the climb out of the crabtree creek slough. In the evenings,
post-Durham expressway west-bound traffic gets bottle-necked in the final run
to the 54 exit.

I hit the road around 7:30 in the morning and 4:30 in the evening. If I
don't make it past the SAS exit by 5:00, I am screwed. I've been doing this
commute ever since just after 40 was completed between the Park and CH and
this is the best it's ever been.