ch-scene - Re: chappy advice?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Doug Sutton <creeksidedls AT mindspring.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: chappy advice?
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 09:41:14 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

The commute from CH to Raleigh is usually no problem (I do it every day).
The major congestion is in the opposite direction of your commute, so every
morning you will observe a logjam between the Park and Cary (going westbound
as you head east); and every afternoon you will see thousands going back
eastbound as you head back to Chapel Hill, especially at the I-40/Wade split.
The only time you will ever have a problem with the commute (other than just
the time/distance invested) is if there's a bad wreck, which is the case
anywhere.