ch-scene - Re: southern college music circuit

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Matt Cunningham <flaffles AT unc.edu>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: southern college music circuit
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:39:49 -0400

Chris Calloway wrote:

what's the history on cities look like? is this a
first effort or have their been previous bands in their past?

-- i'm not really sure, exactly. here's what i know. Lauren can probably correct/fill in the
gaps. I know robbie, jeremy and josh were/are all unc students. to my knowledge none of them
except joey (the drummer) have been in REAL bands before. and by real i mean, played more
than one show or an open mic. robbie is a freelance music journalist/reviewer and has
written for creem, pitchfork and a slew of other pubs. his mp3 blog is here
(http://mustbestarving.blogspot.com) good reviews, great songs. jeremy i know only by face
as "jeremy" or "that guy that worked at schoolkids' on franklin. and josh
writes things. you can tell cos he wears a scarf. i dunno. there's a brief bio. maybe lauren
can do a bit more. lauren?