ch-scene - Re: Nike to Minor Threat: up yrs

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: bendy <bendonnlly AT rushpost.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Nike to Minor Threat: up yrs
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:31:19 -0400

I suppose that's how hippies felt when Nike used The Beatles track "Revolution" in an ad 15 years ago.

I'm sitting here wracking my brain to think of a current band that's got both the catchy iconography and the refusnik profile that would be worthy of Nike's appropriation ten years from now. Everything is too damn ironic. Or already commercialized. And cover art is evaporating.

Hey, suddenly Eminem is over. How'd that happen? The legions of kids in black hoodies didn't materialize on election day.

Maybe Nike could rip off the eMusic "No Cover Art Available" graphic.

Bendy