ch-scene - Re: Nike to Minor Threat: up yrs

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "5er (martin)" <mdhall005 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Nike to Minor Threat: up yrs
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 08:22:00 -0700 (PDT)

NIKE apologizes:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/05-06/28.shtml

Really, it was all a big misunderstanding.
They were paying a homage to Minor threat and Discord.
Can you not forgive them?

-5er

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2005/06/27/technology/techspecial3/27grokster.jpg

> Chris Calloway wrote:
> > --- grady <grady AT ibiblio.org> wrote:
> >
> >>http://ilx.p3r.net/thread.php?msgid=5942033#unread
> >

> > wow. despite the crappy photoshopping, some of
> those
> > were pretty funny. brought back many forgotten
> album
> > covers, from the days when there were, like, album
> > covers. i really liked the throbbing teletubbies.
> >
> > i somewhat agree with todd. to me the thing about
> > major threat is it will get some folks who would
> > ordinarily be anti-IP to get all worked up about
> minor
> > threat's IP. And it will put a heavily branded
> > corporation in the position of being anti-IP.
> strange.
> > anyway, yeah, the thing about culture jamming is
> that
> > it works two ways and the "reverse" direction is
> > usually gonna have more horsepower and effect. i
> can't
> > think of anything about the right wing's pr these
> days
> > that doesn't draw heavily from avant garde leftist
> > aesthetics of the early 20th century. and i think
> that
> > was one lesson many latter 20th century
> post-leftists
> > were trying to impart. culture jamming for the
> left
> > ends up being just a list of entertainingly
> detourned
> > album covers. throbbing teletubbies, chortle,
> hyuck!
> > not that minor threat had anything to do with the
> > left. or sometimes they did, if you remember
> "meese is
> > a pig." it's just all mixed up.
> >
> > talk about the days of album covers, glenn boothe
> was
> > on the air today.
> >
> > 3
> >
> > -- ch-scene: the list that mirrors
> alt.music.chapel-hill --
> >
> -- ch-scene: the list that mirrors
> alt.music.chapel-hill --

"A boy wants a car from his dad.
Dad says, first you got to cut that hair.
Boys says, hey dad Jesus had long hair.
Dad says, That's right son, and Jesus walked everywhere."
- David Berman/The Silver Jews