ch-scene - Re: Ryan Adams Raleigh 6/8/05 non-review

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Never call me Phil" <philipayers AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Ryan Adams Raleigh 6/8/05 non-review
  • Date: 13 Jun 2005 16:51:01 -0700

all the above? well I've never seen him live. but all I can reason from
his albums are the following: when he good he's better than most, a
streak of brilliance even, but when he's normal... he's close to less
than average if not "he sucks"...he'd never cut a great record....uh
CD, because he's all over the place and that can't be good. It occures
to me that he maybe a chameleon. But then again maybe you had to be
there. I wasn't.
However the Blood on the Tracks comparison is rediculous........you'd
better sober up. He's got something meager, like comparing a piss ant
to an elephant when you compare him to Dylan.