ch-scene - Re: Ch-scene Digest, Vol 16, Issue 25

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: bendy <bendy AT duke.edu>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Ch-scene Digest, Vol 16, Issue 25
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:33:58 -0500

grady wrote:

I'd always assumed the whole place was up-to-here in asbestos & that's why it'd sat dormant for so long.

More like School Board neglect, IMHO, than any particular hazard. It was serving as a school well into the post-asbestos era. I think the last school year was 1987 or so. A reminder of how quickly things can go to seed.